Leadership and management ideas and insights, amplified.

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Golden Rules of Power and Influence

Many years ago I wrote an article, inspired by Dr. Peter Vaill at George Washington University at the time. I can't find the whole text but thought my audience would enjoy the gist of it:

Golden Rule #1: Do Unto Others As You Would Have Others Do Unto You.

I believe this is Biblical and just good sense.


Golden Rule #2: Do Unto Others As Others Would Have You Do Unto Them.

This recognizes that people are different and want different things.


Golden Rule #3: Do Unto Others As You Would Have Others Do Unto Others.

In other words, lead by example.


As we move toward flatter, more democratic organizations and institutions, I hope these three Golden Rules will serve you well. Please post or link stories here where you have found resonance in these principles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home